Honorary President Sri Santosh Ku. Sarangi, IAS
Chief Advisor & Chairman, Organising Committee Sri Priyadarshi Mohapatra
Working President Sri Uma Sankar Mohapatra
Vice President Sri Biswajit Mohanty
General Secretary Sri Chittaranjan Rout (Mob: 9861554737)
Joint Secretary Sri Tapan Kumar Pattnaik
Game Director Sasank Sekhar Mohapatra
Treasurer Sri Baresh Nath Pradhan
Auditor Sri Niranjan Pattnaik
Executive Board Members
- Sri Sushant Kumar Behera
- Sri Nishakar Khatua
- Sri Debidatta Mishra
- Sri Mrunal Kant Chatterjee
- Sri Mahendra Kumar Barik
- Sri Adikand Dash
- Sri Himoj Kumar Beuria
- Sri Kumar Naik
- Ms Minakshi Thakmur
- Ms Nivedita Kisan
OSSBA has been organizing two tournaments _ one for the employees of the state (both State and Central Government and Public Sector) and the other for general players of the state _ in alternate years since 2007. Former All England champion Pulela Gopichand graced the first OSSBA All-Odisha Open Badminton Championship at Saheed Nagar Indoor Hall, Bhubaneswar as distinguished guest in 2007.
5TH SECRETARIAT ALL ODISHA EMPLOYEES' OPEN BADMINTON TOURNAMENT (SAOEOBT), 2019
8TH TO 11TH FEBRUARY, 2019 AT ODISHA SAI REGIONAL BADMINTON ACADEMY, SAHEED NAGAR, BHUBANESWAR
Contact for Accomodation - Bareshnath Pradhan:9437230573, Sasank Sekhar Mohapatra: 9437129821
RULES & REGULATIONS
Odisha State Secretariat Badminton Association (OSSBA) is organizing two separate tournaments at a time. One is state ranking tournament i.e. All Odisha Junior Boys' (Under-17&19), Women's Open and Men's Doubles Open Badminton Tournament and another is the non-ranking tournament i.e.5th Secretariat All Odisha Employees' Open Badminton tournament (5th SAOEOBT).
Players willing to participate in the non-ranking tournament, are advised to apply online to Odisha State Secretariat Badminton Association (OSSBA), Bhubaneswar ossba.orisports.com Players willing to participate in Ranking Tournament are advised to visit www.odishabadminton.blogspot.com
The tournaments will be played as per BAI Rules.
Following events will be played:
Non-ranking Tournament (5th SAOEOBT)
1. Men's Singles 2. Men's Doubles 3. Women's Singles 4. Women's Doubles 5. Veteran (Men) Doubles
1. Only employees of State Govt./Central Govt./PSUs are eligible to participate. Players recruited under Sports quota are not eligible to participate in the 5th SAOEOBT. 2. There is no age limit to participate in the Men's singles and doubles. 3. For Men's Veteran Doubles, one must be of 50 years of age by January 2019. 4. There must be minimum of eight players / pairs to conduct any event. 5. Employees, other than woman, participating in All Odisha Men's Doubles Open/Women's Open Badminton Tournament (ranking tournament) cannot participate in the 5th SAOEOBT. Any player other than woman can participate either in ranking or non-ranking tournament. 6. One player can participate in two events only (whether ranking/non-ranking).
Entry Fee per event: (Non-refundable)
1. Singles: Rs.400/- 2. Doubles:Rs.800/- Prize Money: Rs.31, 000/- Hours of Play: 08.30 A.M. to 08.30 P.M.
1. All players shall come in proper kit. 2. All players must report and register their names on 08.02.2019 by 7.30 A.M. at the venue. 3. They must download rules & regulations online at http://ossba.orisports.com and collect free food coupons at the time registration at the venue. 4. Players are requested to report in time for the matches as per the schedule to avoid walk over. 5. For Veteran Men's doubles, 30-Point match (deuce at 29 and the side that gets next first point i.e.30th will be the winner) will be played but in the finals, best of three games (21 points each) will decide the winner. In doubles, as usual best of three games will be played. 6. For Men's/Women's singles and doubles matches, preliminary rounds 30-points but from quarter final onwards, best of three games i.e. 21 point game each of three sets will be played. 7. Tournament Committee reserves all rights to amend, alter, substitute or cancel any/all of the events without assigning any reason thereof. 8. If any dispute arises on the point of law, players / managers / coaches can protest to Chief Referee by depositing Rs.1000/- as protesting fee (non-refundable). Decision of the Tournament Committee will be final and binding. 9. Smoking, Chewing tobacco, consumption of liquor in the playing arena is strictly prohibited. 10. Any dispute is subject to jurisdiction under Bhubaneswar Court.
Boarding & Lodging:
Participants coming beyond 60 Kms. will be provided free accommodation at their own request nearby the venue from 7th evening to 12th (morning) of February, 2019. All the participants will be provided free Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during tournament days (04 days) at the venue on production of coupons only. Littering of the venue shall not be allowed. Used packets shall be collected in disposal bins. It is the moral responsibility of each and every participant to keep the venue clean.
All the participants are requested to maintain discipline throughout the tournament. Any player found to be mischievous and indiscipline, appropriate action will be taken by the Tournament Organizing Committee. All participants must abide by the rules and regulations of the tournament.